Monday, June 2, 2008

27 Onsies..

This weekend I started digging though the baby stuff... see what I had, have and need.. just so I can really get things rolling.. the playroom is not cleaned out, but that is something I have come to accept.. she won't need her own room right away anyways, so it will work out..

I sorted through a rather large box or boxes of baby clothes that I have managed to save.. when we moved in here I went through 13 large totes of clothes and sold much of it to a resale shop or donated to charity, but I still had quite a bit. I sorted through the biggest box of birth to 12 months stuff..

I ended up with 27 onsies.. since it will be a warm summer, we won' t need much other than those. I also have a bunch of footed pajamas or gowns, about 15 of those and all the other true essentials.. they are being washed as I type ( I love the hum of washing machine, it just means that things are really getting done.. relief)

so I have clothes, bottles & nipples, diapers, wipes, suitcase 1/2 packed, plans for if we go on time with the scheduled section, plans if we go during the day or the middle of the night.. all I really need is a calling card so we can call my in-laws in australia and a car seat for the baby, which is going to be dug out this week.. it is buried in a box under my stairs with all the other BIG baby things.. like swing, furniture, etc. DH will help me (since my family are real slackers) and we will get things going.. we also have come closer to selecting a paint color for the little princess' bedroom, which my brother has graciously agreed to paint for only 50 bucks.. he doesn't know that it will require moving furniture too.. eheheheheh...

I feel better.. prepared, like if something happened, it almost be okay since things are better in place.. I really am more like my mom than I thought and I think, (notice I say think) that it is a good thing.

On another good note, my scrapbook goals for May were very good..I had challenged myself to do 30 pages, I only did 25 pages, but did a 20 page mini-album for a charity raffle and something like 75 greeting cards.. quite happy with myself.

I have discovered that I could not be a bed rest person, physically LAYING down only brings on my contractions and my dr. says it would better for me to sit, then sit.. lay on the right side if it is more comfy and still drink as much as I can. my appetite comes and goes, but at least it does come and I am able to eat and enjoy things.. but the little one does not approve of Mexican, so I suffer any time I eat it.. but when it tastes as good as it does.. it is almost worth it..
the newest craving is watermelon.. oh still loving that, and the small circle toastititos.. yes, they have to be the circley ones.. the crispy rounds I think they are called.. LOVE THEM..

it's monday and while I wish I was doing more, I am very happy with what I have done..
to quote a good friend's blog, "Perfection isn't a goal, it's the enemy"...

If I knew better, I would go watch tv with dh, but I think I will sift through just a few more emails..

:) Monique

No comments: