Friday, June 13, 2008

getting it done...

well.. the baby's room is painted.. it's sooo pretty. I can't remember the name of the paint, but it is a pinky-purple color from Behr at Home Depot.. All I have to do is wash the window and vaccuum.
DH is promising that if I find the screws he will start putting furniture together..
my baby will have a space -- just for her.. Wow that feels good..

I need to start getting a few more things done.. but unfortunately, my feet are swelling really quickly during the day and I need to be off them more.. probably doesn't help that I could eat those high sodium Combo's all day... seriously, these things are NASTY, but OH SO DELICIOUS.. I need to write these things down and put them in the baby book.. pregnancy cravings change like the wind around here.. gone are the days of cereal and whopper jr's.. here to stay is the watermelon, well, fruit in general, but watermelon especially, it gets the baby moving and wiggling when she has been quiet for too long.. nice to have a tool like that I can use.. helps on days when contractions are strong and her movements are small.. :) Sue me, I cheat! but I digress, I need to lay off the salt.. period.. even though my blood pressure is fine, low in fact, the swelling stinks..

so, in between resting times today, here is a list of things I need to get done..
1. rip cd's and fix up my ipod for my sister.. silly me thought she was leaving next week, she wants this thing TONIGHT since she leaves Saturday at 6am.. so music is top priority

2. find the screws for changing table and crib.. :)

3. do a load of baby laundry..

4. pay bills & hit the mail box.

5. clean up some in my house..

I am limiting it to 5 things for now, just because 5 things allows you to do something, but not everything, still rest and feel accomplished.. I am off to start music.. if I can remember how.. DH might be traveling down stairs soon, whether he likes it or not!

I am off to have a productive day and get it done -- what ever it might be..

if I knew better, I would still want to do this much.. maybe I will add packing my hospital bag to the list, this way I will be truly ready to go.. but then I need to get the car seat cleaned too...
oh man this list is getting longer and longer...

:) Monique

No comments: