Tuesday, June 24, 2008

acceptance...

I don't know what it is, maybe I rested more today than I have been, or maybe a good mood swing or maybe I have just accepted that this baby is not coming until Monday when she is evicted...
either way, I am feeling much better than I have been lately... not tons, but I am just.. accepting it better.. who knows..
my only wish is that I could sleep better.. I really have a hard time with that.. I will definitely be taking my doctor approved Ambien tonight.. I need it..

on a good note, DH got a walking cast from the foot doctor today.. we are were both so grateful.. we woo hoo-ed in sync ... the doctor laughed as he walked out to get the cast.. he is so excited.. he is walking on it some and using one crutch.. so proud of him.. the doctor said that he really was a great patient about it too.. he said that the amount of swelling change was huge.. he could tell that he was being good, staying off it, resting, elevating, using the bone stimulator, etc.. it was a rough time, but he did it.. and tonight, while I was picking up my sister at the airport (which, by the way is a HUGE story in stupidity, best saved for another day, since this is supposed to be a positive post) he took out the trash.. I was so nervous, glad I was not home to witness it.. but he was proud of himself and DD was thrilled that she helped too.. they both felt like they had done some major chore.. and you know what.. they did.. I think that is the job that I hate doing the most since his foot has been broken.. we have to go for another x-ray soon, hopefully tomorrow, and see for real how things are doing.. :) so happy for him.. okay, me too..

tomorrow I have my last baby appt. with my dr. sorta' exciting, with DD, she came that night, because he told me that she wasn't going to come until he delivered her.. can I say that would ROCK, but I am NOT holding my breathe.. like I said, it's all about acceptance right now..

I made plans to take DD out with her little friend for dinner.. chicken nuggets.. AGAIN.. I plan to do better with her diet after the baby gets here.. some things are just not worth the fight.... but this week she licked a nectarine & a plum.. not a bite, but a lick.. both need to be noted on the calendar as something new.. she is not the fruit eating type, so this was HUGE for her.. trying to get back to the one new thing each week for the calendar... trying.. it is all anyone can really ask for...

one last thing that I have started to accept is that the baby's name is making me NUTS.. we have been using her name when we talk to her in my belly, or talk about her, her things, and all of that.... but it is bothering me.. we might be changing it.. I am waiting until I see what she looks like and go from there..

oh well..

If I knew better, I would be still be sitting her relaxing, blogging and doing yet one more load of laundry... trying to keep up with that as the week goes on.. on less thing for DH to do next week.. but we'll see..
:) Monique

No comments: