Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's been a good day...

seriously, today has just been a good day... my feet are finally starting to swell, which isn't so great, but it won't ruin my happy day parade..

the morning started when I woke up and it felt cooler in the house.. we have air conditioners in the bedrooms and those are great for sleeping, but the house felt cooler, and there was a breeze.. AHH.. thank you weather for a break... much appreciated..

Then, I go into DD room to start waking her up while I start getting DH into the shower, she is just laying there, quietly, wrapped up in her green sheets reading.. well, her reading the story I just read to her last night.. Shoes From Grandpa my Mem Fox.. the woman is an australian writer and my sister in law sent her a collection of the books for her birthday, we are just getting to reading them.. but she was happy and content and reading.. I am truly grateful that I have such a large collection of children's books.. My daughter LOVES being read to and LOVES all her books.. she treats them well and will sit and listen or lately, reads to me.. LOVING that.. I hope it is something that stays with her forever.. Such a great thing for her learning.. another plus to the day..

the morning went well otherwise, normal stuff got done.. a mild meltdown over DD belt being too tight and resulted in losing her quarter for the morning, but still worked out well.. even DH had time to eat.. Got her to school on time and while we didn't have time to stop at the library and police station before we went to the dr. appt, it was okay.. DH did have time to get a coffee and I got a rather dry but still delicious muffin from Dunkin Donuts.. another good thing..

Dr. appt went well.. I did gain back one lb, which is for the baby.. loving that.. my dr. asked me to check my cervix, I declined the offer.. he like me, feels this baby isn't going anywhere anytime soon.. I appreciate that he didn't check.. I doubt that I will get the offer next week.. we talked about me moving my c-section to the other hospital and we talked about plans.. we were able to address my DH need for a wheelchair since the crutches are not sterile and the OR might not be happy about that.. but no need -- they will have a chair for him.. works out..
Another thing my dr. informed me of was that he is doing my surgery and then leaving town.. I laughed and said no, because he would have been delivering me the following day if we hadn't switched hospitals.. he said NO, because he canceled all surgeries for July 1 since he is going out of town.. so he is seriously doing MY surgery and then leaving.. otherwise, I might have had to wait an extra week and that would have STUNK.. so.. more good news...

we went to wal-mart and I did what I needed and got a few things for DD lunch box.. things that won't melt in this heat.. come to find out.. she likes chocolate teddy grahams again.. WOO HOO.. 2 points for me.. and I have refound Combos.. those nasty cheese filled pretzels.. OH SO YUMMY right now.. I am thinking that they might be up there with watermelon..

then to the book store, just sat in a comfy chair, quietly and looked at magazines.. if you have never indulged in this luxury.. do so.. it is wonderful.. DH and I used to more, but today was just perfect day for it.. afterwards we had lunch, not a big one, we split a sandwich at Boston Market.. worked out great.. just enough for both of us.. another good thing..
we even had time to hit Home Depot to buy the paint for the baby's room.. a perfect shade of pinky purple.. not the one we originally agreed on.. it's less purpley and more pinkish.. not that that statement makes any sense.. but it a good thing.. My brother is coming tomorrow to paint for us.. OH another good thing.. moving in a direction where the baby things will be IN the baby's room and out of the rest of my house.. DH promises to start putting furniture together this weekend.. or sooner if the painting is done..

then off to do the taxes.. we did what we could of them.. Accountant suggests waiting on a few things and filing and ammendment.. but we are getting a good amount back.. good thing we both filed zero-zero.. maximum deductions means more back.. so things are good there and he feels that we should still get the stimulus check.. Umm.. if things improve.. HELLO mini-vacation in the end of the summer.. YEAH! more great news..

after a short rest at home, I make it over to the police station to drop off the accident report, where the cop was in a great mood and giggled at my pregnancy with me.. so nice to have that experience.. then books to the library and get DD from school.. where I then treated her to a Lemonade Coolatta.. a frozen lemonade treat that they sell at Dunkin Donuts... she loves them and today was a good day to treat her too..

No one was hungry for dinner, so it was a quick and easy one.. Miranda was thrilled.. chicken nuggets and an attempt at a veggie.. not a great attempt.. but an attempt.

then while I was cleaning up the baby's room some, the LSS called and told me that I won the Memorial Day Prize Package.. and DD was more excited than even I was.. I even got quite a lot of work done in the room so that I have less to to tomorrow..

all in all.. a very good day.. one both DH and I deserved....

If I knew better, I would wish for the same tomorrow..but I am not being greedy.. today was great.. just the way it was..

:) Monique

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a great day-you sooooo deserve it!!! Hope today is as good! cz scrap

cz scrap said...

Still trying to remember my google id

cz scrap said...

Yay-I got it!