Monday, June 23, 2008

officially ready

Okay.. this sweet baby can officially come ANY DAY NOW..
ANY DAY!

Today, I did all the things I needed to get done at home.. and while I still have a sink full of dishes to do, they will wait until tomorrow..

1. the laundry is done.. it's really caught up as much as I can be..
2. my bag is completely packed for the hospital - I picked up a prescription for lip medication today, just in case I need it.
3. DH reassembled a newly cleaned up car seat and promises to hook it in properly in the AM.
4. baby's room is done, all her laundry is clean and we have all we really need to get us started, except a tub, but I have hinted to my sisters that I need one, and my older sister plans to take my daughter shopping when she comes home for the holiday weekend.. don't need a real tub right away ANYWAYS.. and my other sister is buying me more bibs.
5. DD clothes are cleaned and ironed.. DH just has to let her pick out an outfit to wear... I have at least 8 outfits ready to go..
6. camp directions and lunch box directions are taped to the fridge
7. bottles are washed and drying as we speak
8. I am printing out the list of phone calls for DH to make at the hospital, well the numbers at least..
9. my immediate bag with disposable camera, health insurance and medical forms is hanging on the banister next to my suitcase..
10. the house is reasonably cleaned..
11. there is food in the house to get them by and enough snacks for DD lunch box too..

seriously, NOTHING is undone.. so anytime...

If I knew better, I would be saying that I am thinking optimistically for the first time in a while, but let's not get ahead of ourselves..

:) Monique

2 comments:

XerxesB said...

all of these abbreviations! DD, DM.....i think i've worked them out....

I'm assuming in that case that "AM" is referring to the Aston Martin in your driveway?

Duenan9926 said...

In reference to being an "optimist", the late George Carlin said --

"A Cynic is just a Disappointed Optimist"....

And with everything in your life lately, I think you qualify. :)