Tuesday, May 20, 2008

just a slow day..

So, DD is back to school after being out with a stomach bug.. fortunately, it went as quick as it came.. I am truly grateful that I no long need to sit with her in the bathroom again while she battles out her "poopy wonderstorms" (sorry if that was too gross for anyone, just a mommy thing)

today I did manage to get the dusty curtains in my bedroom down, washed, washed the windows, ironed them and they are back up... made me feel good.. got some other routine cleaning done too..

also, I can happily report that while I am not scrapbooking, I did finish up the cards I needed to do for a card swap on the dmarie.com message board.. it was a great feeling to have something done before it was due... 2 sets of 13 cards and I made some extra of one card for my collection and I also made up some baby cards for the stash.. I don't think I have mentioned this before, but I try very very hard NOT to buy a single card all year.. I think this is my second year doing it.. I should think about how much I am actually saving.. it's nice to have a big stash to chose from and not have to think about stopping at the store.. that is why I do swaps... it's nice to have a stash on hand and a good mix of them gets me inspired too..

speaking of inspired.. I think that is what I am in need of.. a good Inspirational idea.... it's tough when life keeps getting to you, so I try even harder to find it... yesterday, it was the smile on my daughter's face as I watched her play on the computer -- she really enjoyed having me sit with her, show interest in what she was doing and look at the screen.. not to say I don't usually do this, but 20 minutes of little kids games can get to you... but she loved it.. Inspired me to remember that she won't always want me leaning over her shoulder... nor will she be little forever.. just a thought or two to inspire me to work on her baby album.. especially now that I officially have only 6 weeks left until her baby sister gets her...
a scrapbookers plight -- forever behind...
it's okay though.. i love it..

If I knew better, I would be getting ready for the grocery store... and I think I do today, since we need a ton of stuff..
:) Monique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right to enjoy her now-once that baby comes, that precious time the two of you had will be gone-I remember almost mourning a bit before dd was born as I knew that ds and I would never have quite the same relationship again. Enjoy while you can-it's hard-20 minutes of kids games would do me in too :)! ca-Scrap