Tuesday, May 6, 2008

infected & the DMV...

Yup.. Miranda does in fact have an ear infection.. the dr. did not like the look of it, fearing that with the length of her existing cold that the ear would only bother her more and get worse.. so we are on the pink medicine, 3 x daily, it is such a blessing that the kid is such a good sport about taking medicine.. feel like she has been taking different stuff her entire life. poor thing.

Dh made out okay today at the dr. He is a perfect candidate for a bone stimulator to heal his foot. Basically, he has 2 fractures of the 5th metatarsal of the foot. two of these are vertical breaks and then there is one that goes horizontally across the top of the other two, making it a true Jones fracture.. what all of this means, I am not quite sure. But because the bones are still in perfect allignment and DH promises to stay off the foot, keeping the swelling down & keeping the perfect allignment with the bone stimulator to increase bone development, he should be out of the cast and doing better in about 3 months.. (did I mention I only have about 8 weeks left of my pregnancy) the only pleasure to this wonderful machines that he gets to use for 20 minutes a day, is the price tag.. the thing cost 4,600 bucks.. UMM.. OUCH.. we are seriously hoping for the insurance covers it.. *fingers crossed* Another good thing that came out of the appt. today was that the dr. willingly agreed to getting him a handicapped sticker for a little while. Now, I realize many people would think we will abuse it, but I promise you, we won't. I know too many people who truly need those things.. it's really more for if he tries to drive himself somewhere, which he will eventually.. that just will help some. so we had to kill a ton of time waiting for the forms to be filled out so we could file them with the DMV, since they only meet the first wednesday of the month... atleast we got it in.. hopefully we will get approved.

So, that is why I am really tired and really cranky.. DH proudly pointed out that this was the point of my pregnancy with Miranda where I was no longer ABLE to work because of the dizziness I was experiencing, so that explains why I remember being tired with her, but not THIS tired.. I just feel frazzled.. but tomorrow is a new day and I get to start over.. make it up to baby girl for yelling at her so much when she fooled around in the shower and fell, clean up the house some more, take a few more rest breaks and just do the best I can... Looking forward tomorrow.. just a chance to start over..

If I knew better, I would be upstairs relaxing and watching TV, but I think I am going to play some cards on the computer...
thanks for listening.
:) Monique

ps.. scrapping accomplishments -- 9 pages done for the month & 2 cleaned off tables.. WOO HOO for me..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL at the pink medicine-my kids loved the pink medicine,could never get the white medicine down them. Dh fracture doesn't sound so good,especially the cost of the machine-is there any other way for it to heal if insurance doesn't pay for it? Think of it this way, if you have a crier, dh can sit on the couch and hold it the whole time :)! Hope you get some rest and feel better-the great thing about young children is that they start each day fresh-I remember many a night where I felt guilty 'cause we had had such a bad time, but they woke up the next morning with nary a care-oh to be young! cz scrap