Monday, April 14, 2008

vacation week...

So, we have school vacation week.. since I am home I kept Miranda home... the poor thing.. if I don't get my act together soon, she will end up playing dolls and watching tv, creating art and blowing bubbles outside for short periods the whole vacation..
I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen.. how seriously BORING is that.. but the kitchen was cleaned.. she is going to help me in the bathroom tomorrow and then dusting and cleaning her room.. people might seriously consider reporting me for child labor -- but if she is into it.. no harm -- no fowl.. right??

she is going for her eye appt, a haircut and maybe a dentist appt (if we have coverage still -- which is so another topic for another day).. she is excited about going to the park, maybe a playdate with a friend or two, and lunch with my sisters at their office.. if we can we might squeeze in breakfast with one of my friends whom I haven't really seen since I got back from vacation. we do need a trip to the grocery store and the craft store so that I can start her baby sister's x-stitch foot sampler. I am sure she will talk me into SOMETHING... tomorrow we are definitely hitting the library for free art time and probably more time playing with the toys that are out there..

Which brings me to the point of my post.. The library.. a seriously under-rated and under-used service in our lives... we were not making the best use of the library either until just recently.. we started going back for sleepy time story hour 6:45-7:15 on a weeknight.. Not great timing, but so much fun.. it is a great option for the working parents.. we have been checking out 5 or 6 books -- not that I don't personally own 1000 (yes, I wrote 1000 because we do actually have 1000 children's books that we own -- former preschool teacher here) and a video or two.. well tonight.. my little girl took a big step and got her OWN library card... such a big step.. might help in easing all of the anxiety both Fuzzy and I are having about putting her in kindergarten... seriously, when did a child of 5 become old enough to get on a bus -- ALONE and go to school - ALONE.. umm.. not here, not in this house...

Kindergarten in another issue for another day..
and tonight, because I do know better, I will end this blog, say goodnight and discuss it on another entry..
Good night.
:) Monique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When ds went to kindergarte(he was 6 tho) and I put him on that bus I near about died. Because he went to a private kindergarten, he was the only one from our neighborhood on it and this was the first stop. So there was my sweet little boy on a bus all buy himself-we told him to sit right next to the driver. Fortunately the next stop picked up a little boy in his class among some other students so he wasn't alone for long-b ut oh what a giant step! cz scrap