Saturday, April 19, 2008

spring & dirt

Okay.. so it is finally spring.. I am so glad.. the weather is a welcomed change..
Miranda is not the biggest outdoorsy type, she likes to have friends to play outside, Fuzzy has been great about keeping her playing and moving.. me I am just feeling really pregnant..
I keep her going most of the day, by 3:30 or 4pm.. I poop out.. at 7 months, I think I am allowed.
but Miranda is really good about bringing her toys outside, like her teaset & such and playing outside... we can read or just relax -- hey atleast we are outside -- enjoying the sunshine..

now for the dirt portion of the title.. I had to go a for 3 hour glucose test today.. and I um.. feel like dirt.. basically, for those of you who have never had a baby or just don't know.. the test is a glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.. basically, you show up fasting, they draw blood, you drink this nasty drink of glucose water and you wait.. at 1 hour, 2 hour and 3 hour, they take a vile of blood... just checking how the body metabolizes the sugars... I had the 1 hour test last week and because I was at 152 where 135 is normal, just a little above, I had to do this one.. Last week I was yucky enough.. nausea and such.. but it ended so much faster, this time, I needed to lay down, felt shakey and dizzy... I ate something right after and then headed home for a nap.. it's been a while and I still just feel lousy.. I was able to play outside with Miranda for a while and then did a few other little things.. but I am just feeling slugish -- sorta like dirt...

good thing is, it will pass soon and tomorrow is a new day.. with new busy stuff for us.. a parade and a birthday party -- which I need to wrap the present for.
I am too BLAH to think about knowing any better.. I am whiney and tired and sticking with it.. at least for today..
:) Monique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hated that glucose test-yuk!!!!!Hope you're feeling better-cz scrap