Sunday, April 27, 2008

feeling Broke & Broken

Okay.. no secret that DH has been having trouble with work.. Money is stretched, we are not officially broke yet, but it's scary none the less..
but now, we are also BROKEN..
DH broke his foot today.. we were going to BJ's, (which for the record, was something I did NOT want to do, I just wanted to stay home and spend an hour cleaning the playroom -- together)
but we were heading out, he was avoiding stepping on her foot and he twisted funny, heard the crack and the swelling ensued..

after a very quick run at the ER, he has a cast, no weight on it for 2 weeks and 8 weeks in the cast for sure.. we need to see the bone dr. sometime this week.. he is being brave, but I know how much that all has to hurt..

things WILL not be getting prior to the arrival of the baby, things like the nursery, etc.. unless we recruit help from reluctant partners.. which is seems very unlikely.. but we'll see..

I am 30 weeks pregnant now and shouldn't be lifting much, so doing it myself will even be a stretch..
things just keep on getting crazier and crazier..
If I knew better, I would be crying rather than laughing, but honestly, I am afraid if I get started, I might never stop...
Monique

No comments: