Saturday, April 5, 2008

cleaning house

Okay.. so now that we know WHAT the baby is.. it's time to start making space for her..
I hate the thought of cleaning like I am about to.. because honestly, I am so all about getting rid of it right now.. I have boxes in almost every room of good stuff that can go to charity.. this morning.I cleaned out DH closet.. one man does NOT need 18 polo shirts in different colors and 20 weekend t-shirts.. I pruged some... he got nervous and starting whining and said to start with Miranda's stuff.. hehehe.. then he said, okay, your closet. . but I have been doing my closet slowly ALL week..
I really need spring.. time for short sleeves and no more sweaters.. Plus, I need jeans.. my regular jeans fit up until about last week.. almost 7 months and it's only time now for jeans.. I refuse to buy them.. I will never fit into this size again.. I have lost about 30 lbs so far and plan to keep it off this time.. Also, I have about 10 or so pairs of capris / long shorts. . if spring ever comes, I will be in good shape... no buying jeans until the fall when I know what size I will be and where I want to be..

I also didn't go to ballet today.. Made him take her, I went through boxes of misc. stuff behind the couch in the basement.. need to get rid of more, but I loaded up 1 box of scrapbook stuff for a preschool teacher, on BIG bag of stuff for preschool class.. just misc donations of mismatch stuff they can either use or get rid of.. preschool teachers are funny -- the keep the weirdest stuff, sorta the reason I have such a HUGE collection of junk.. I made 1 box of books to put away or plan to sell on ebay at some point later on.. christmas pile and another box for charity..

I am truly lucky, the Big Sisters of RI pick up AT YOUR DOOR.. I box it, label it, they pick it up.. glorious thing. and I get a slip for taxable credit up to 250 bucks.. OH.. a glorious thing.

Fuzzy is getting nervous that I will never get it done.. it just takes time and patience.. I think I will start working on it for 20 minutes each day.. it might help.. the big thing is Miranda's toys that are in the current play room soon to be nursery.. I need to make space for them in the basement.. Honestly.. I am thinking about having my brother turn off the water to the shower down stairs and use it for storage space.. sounds cheesy, but we will see.. I also need to make space in the tiny storage area for a dresser.. I plan to organize some things better and actually USE the dresser for wrapping paper and stuff.. plans.. it's all about plans..

I am still scrapping, got 3 more layouts done yesterday.. planning to do at least one tonight if I don't migrate to the couch and watch a netflix movie that needs to be watched so it can be returned. we canceled netflix.. I am a little sad, we did it to cut costs, but honestly, we don't even watch them half the time.. craziness.. we will just go back to the red box at the grocery store every now and then..or make use of the junk we have taped on the DVR... again.. plans.. it all about the plans.

speaking of, I need to make a list of things at the market we need for next week, this daily trip to the grocery store is bothering me, and we are going to BJ's - a warehouse store -- where you buy in bulk -- to get water, meats and other stuff of that sort... Target should be in there too.. but I am thinking I will go on Monday when I have to run to JoAnn's to buy adhesive..

Scrapbookers will appreciate this.. adhesive is a nasty thing.. you HAVE to buy it to scrap and it's expensive, so you can't even get the good stuff of scrapping when you need it.. I always -- always save my coupons to buy it.. I like the Ducky tape runners for 12.99 for 4 of them.. they are wonderful and let you really stick stuff down and quickly.. I buy them with a 40% coupon and use my teacher discount.. so half price.. when I finally make time to get them, they go on sale.. so not my day ... oh well.. next week.. I have plenty to keep my going until then.

I am rambling now and BECAUSE I DO KNOW BETTER, I am going to stop and get off the computer and either play with pictures or do something else.. might even go make lunch for the natives.. and lists of stuff I need at the store.. plans.. seriously, it's all about making plans...

:) Monique

No comments: