Friday, October 3, 2008

only after 2 years..

as of September 25, we have been living here 2 years.. and now, I am finally starting to decorate it up some..
I am filling the pictures frames (only because dh won't hang anything else until I do.. and I am not allowed to take a hammer and do it myself) but honestly, it's nice seeing photos of memories past up.. feels good..

also, we can now start using the down stairs bathroom.. 2 years.. we NEVER used it.. not even the toilet.. I never got to cleaning it and when I was pregnant.. the room just reaked and I couldn't stomach it.. but we splurged and had a cleaning company come in and do the kitchen, living room and bathrooms.. other areas too like the hall way, stairs etc.. the basement has been really cleaned up by yours truly recently, so it wasn't a focus point.. and I did not have them do the bed rooms for 3 reasons.. 1 I deep clean the girls bedrooms EVERY week.. I move furniture & everything.. the big one has bad allergies and this has really helped them and her asthma too. figured I could just do the little one too. 2 saves money.. bedrooms can take a ton of time and when you are paying by the hour.. ummm. dollar signs go up quickly.. 3 freaks me out to have strangers in personal spaces like that..

I digress.. the bathroom in the basement is now cleaned, I am buying new rugs tommorow.. but there is a curtain rod up.. a nice shelving until.. decorations on the wall (But I need to find a cheap framed picture of Van Gogh's Stary Stary Night.. I am doing a sun, moon star thing that bathroom.. I already have some pretty blue paint that I wanted to paint it and if I get inspired I will.. but DH is thinking I should leave white.. might help with resale.. (he thinks we are moving in about 5 years.. which just makes me giggle)

either way.. things are changing and we are creating more spaces for us.. the living room upstairs is more for formal sitting and the basement is really our family space.. hoping to make great use of it this winter.. family that plays together, stays together.. cheesey, but true..

okay.. I am off to either clean off my desk or finish the page I have started on my desk, either way.. I am scrapping..

If I knew better.. I would realize how tired I am and just go to bed..

:) Monique

2 comments:

cz scrap said...

I can't believe yu've been there two years already-seems like you just were in the process of moving. congrats on getting things done, I remember how hard it was with two children..ds was three when I had dd..it was amazing how much harder it was to clean, shop for food, etc.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be so cool to have a basement. Too bad I live in an area where basements are in only the older homes, those built in the '50s. I just cleaned out the livingroom closet today. I asked dh to clear a 12 inch high shelf for all my mother's scrapbooks in his office. This is a man that has wall to wall bookcases. Of course, he worries about the girls coming into his office. I just told him I would find another space. Irritating that they have sat in the bottom of the front closet for 7 years, unopenned and unenjoyed.