Saturday, October 18, 2008

a bond between sisters

It was the cutest (and most uncomfortable) moment this morning..
Miranda, per her usual, woke up and climbed into bed with us.. she usually snuggles up with dh since I have the baby, but since the baby now has her own pillow in the bed (yes, I know the dangers of pillows, but with the reflux, it helps prop her up) I told her to climb in on my side..
basically, from right to left, Miranda, me, baby girl, dh. Seriously, if anyone knows of a company that makes a bed bigger than a king.. please feel free to comment so I can investigate it.

when the baby finally wakes up again (she was up most of the night it seems, glad I went to bed early and convinced dh to take the 11:00pm bottle), she was due for her morning bottle, so dh did his usual and got up to get one (he gets bottles, I feed her and get her back to sleep, sounds mean but the arrangement works for us) Miranda listened to her for a minute and then said, she needs gripe water... I smiled and asked how she knew... her belly is hard and she is whiney like her belly hurts.. and she was right... DH & I are much better at figuring the cries out, but even Miranda is getting it.. the gripe water helped her to calm down & relax enough to toot out some of the gas that plagues her... guess the sister bond is happening already... I feel blessed..

if I knew better, I would be back in bed right now, instead of blogging this and watching cartoons, but I guess dh does need some sleep too..


:) Monique

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet! Try doing that in a full size bed. If you think a king feels like sardines, just try a full.

weebles said...

never happen.. DH & I were sqished in a full.. went for the king.. suppose I should be counting my blessings for what have...