Sunday, October 5, 2008

the good, the great and the messy...

today was the end of the birthday stuff.. her friend birthday party.. we decided to keep it low key, 6 friends at the house.. have a fairy tea party --decorate fairy wings, have tea, open presents, frost your own cupcake, cake & ice cream for all.. then hunt for fairy treasure (decorative rocks and hersey kisses) well, because of the rain, the treasure hunt was called off..

the good.. Miranda was so excited about having her friends over.. that she didn't even get upset that 2 of the little girls could not come..

the great.. I planned for this party.. we made goody bags together on Friday, I cleaned the house through the week & had a cleaning company come in on Friday too.. not for the party.. but because we had been talking about getting it done for a while.. to do the deeper cleaning.. like the bathroom in the basement that hadn't been used or the tops of the cabinets, fans.. etc.. so we could actually have a party and NOT stuff & stash.. well.. I did a little.. but minor things..
I did have to run to the store today.. but it was planned.. I also asked for some help from my sister.. she did not do tons, but she good moral support and a great help.. she too appeciated not having to clean, but merely help prep for the party..

the party was fun.. the girls had a wonderful time and so did the parents.. while 5 girls were in the basement, I had 6 parents around the table playing a game. (I'm the boss) it was fun..

finally, the messy.. I swear, every toy in my basement was out.. ohh.. it was bad.. so, as my last gift to Miranda, she and her friends did not have to clean up their messes.. I did it all.. took me like a half hour. .but everything is back in it's buckets and organized.. I know that I just feel so much better.. and she thought is was the greatest treat..

well, the basement is cleaned up, the dishwasher is loaded and ready to be run in the morning..
I am trying to get some laundry done.. and things are otherwise back to normal.
I have to have Miranda checked for an ear infection (she tumbled down the stairs today, and her cough is rough).. but otherwise.. back to normal.. and normal to be.. feels just fine..

if I knew better.. I would resting, but I am blogging and doing laundry.. again.. normal is a good thing...
:) Monique

No comments: