Thursday, July 31, 2008

a month

baby girl is officially a month old.. that is as of yesterday.. we celebrated in style too.. we bought some mini-cupcakes, which big dd got to eat and sang to her like 3 times.. sorta neat.. we did this for big dd too.. sorta a custom for my husband..
I need to take a photo of the baby with her frog, I plan to do this every month.. I also need to get her professional portraits done soon.. as in .. saturday or maybe in friday.. will have to wait and see what the time brings..
her appt. with the ENT about her breathing was promising, basically, her reflux is aggrivating her immature skin covering the larynx, there is a fancy name for it..but I can't say it, let alone spell it.. but she should will all likelyhood, out grow the problem.. we just need to keep an eye on it and see how things progress.. controlling her reflux is more the big concern.. we have taken very pro-active steps to help with that too.. we switched bottles from Avent to Dr. Brown.. a good friend gave me the dr. browns.. they are excellent and even cost less than avent bottles.. both work well, but for this baby, dr. brown bottles work so much better.. we use gas drops in her bottles which help a ton and we are also using a natural herbal supplement called Gripe Water from Tiny Tummies.. it's AMAZING.. if you have an infant with colic, bad gas, reflux or even hiccups, this stuff ROCKS... you can use it for older kids & adults too.. basically it is made of ginger & fennel extract and it settles an uptight belly.. whatever it really is.. I LOVE IT.. to me.. 7.49 is a an easy price to pay for liquid gold...
she is growing well too.. she currently weighs 9lbs and 7 ounces... growing super well..

Big DD is also going to kindergarten.. we got the letter in the mail today.. she has morning K and goes from 9 am until 11:30 am.. she will be taking the bus.. she is thrilled to just SEE the building this weekend..and we get to go in for orientation on the 21st, it was the time of my 6 week follow up with my OB.. but we can change that.. this is clearly more pressing.. we have started getting things together.. making sure that there are new clothes being bought. school supplies (MY PERSONAL FAVORITE) and just getting ready all the way around.. I think the highlight so far was buying new underwear.. she was just starting to outgrow the older ones.. so time to replace them.. she thought it was just a great back to school thing.. sorta funny.. I plan to get her hair trimmed, if not deeply cut this weekend.. we will see how things progress..

also, DH has some very very good offers of employment on the table as of right now... I don't want to jynx anything.. so I will limit myself and what I will say.. for now..

we are planning a special day out with Dad tomorrow since he won't be able to do much for a while.. atleast not during the day.. we were going to try and go away on vacation, but the baby is just too little and I think waking up a few times a night will be rough on big dd, especially in one hotel room.. we will have to see what comes up..

I am posting this so that I have official start date of the project.. I have a TON of photos.. literally, a ton.. I am sorting through and purging the junk and the photos I don't need or already scrapbooked.. I am tired of the piles.. I want to get his project done as soon as possible because I won't let myself print anything from the baby or this year until this is done.. sorta SUCKS, but it is a project that really really MUST be done and I will feel great once it is..

baby girl is sleeping peacfully in her swing, for the first time, normally, she cries and hates it.. so I am going to take avantage of the time and go make formula for her, clean the kitchen and then come sort photos.. sounds like fun...

If I knew better, I would be going to bed early.. but it's still so early and I have so much I want to get done... oh well.
:) Monique

No comments: