Wednesday, July 9, 2008

super dirty...

I know that I owe this blog a birth story, I promise to get to it this week.. just playing catch up with everything in my life right now.. I was hoping to be able to just jump back in a do all the things that I couldn't do when I was pregnant, but I forgot that it will take about 6 weeks for my body and muscles to get back to normal.. I have been seriously over doing and feeling the pain...
Today I am doing nothing buy laundry...

seriously, I was in the hospital 5 days, and I was up late on Sunday before I went in doing laundry, wanted to be sure all was clean before I left.. and today, I am washing every single towel in my house.. EVERY ONE.. I have like 15 or so big bath towels and somehow, someway, every single one of them got used.. now, I know this might sound gross to some people, but in the effort of going green, we each use a towel at least twice.. seriously, you are clean when you use it, just sucking up water, so I use them 2 times.. and last week, most of my big dd showers were taken at my sister's house because DH need help washing her hair. seriously, how & when did all these towels get dirty.. did they have a dirty party while I was in there with my sweet little dd?? either way, dh will be hauling A LOT of laundry up and down the stairs today..

speaking of DH, he is being super about things right now, he is dealing with alot of junk with work, but is really attentive to both girls and making the best of things.. kills him that he isn't providing for the girls they way he wants to.. he admitted that he already felt like a failure to his littlest daughter before she was born because of this lack of financial support with work.. but honestly, I told -- if money is how you measure being a good day, then you have a lousy way of keeping score. money is only money and sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't.. you make it work.. best you can do.. but he is really loving being a dad again, big DD could sense all of his fears and anxiety and this time, he has let it all go.. just loving the time he has with both of them.. also his foot is doing much better.. the boot or walking cast is serving him well, no more crutches for him, he should be using them, but walks better without them.. likely to need a chiropractor when he is done to realign his back and hip gate.. but we will see..

I am off to switch the first load of laundry and check on DH, thinking baby girl is in need of a bottle by now.. she is up to 2 1/2 or so ounces every 3 or 4 hours.. for now, it's okay to have her eat when she likes, but soon, we will be scheduling things a little bit better.. especially naps in her bed.. must remember to research that one..

Okay, if I knew better, I would head upstairs and get some housework done before my energy poops out a bit and baby girl needs her next nap, which I plan to take with her, but for now, just gonna check another email or two....

:) Monique

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember those days. Now we have something in common, an all girl household. How far apart are your girls? Mine are 2 years and 9 months apart.

Annette33

weebles said...

big dd is 5, going to be 6 in september... a little under 6 years...
and dh totally out numbered and he knows it.. giggles about it sometimes, but secretly, I think he is worried about it..

AlehouseGirl said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well. I can't wait to meet Caitlyn. I totally know how Fuzzy feels as far as being out numbered!