Friday, July 11, 2008

the little things

Okay.. 2 posts, one day.. can you tell DH is watching tv with the little one??

either way, I was reminded tonight of how truly wonderful the little things are in the world..

every night this week, when it's time for big DD to go to bed, we do the normal routine, but after her story, I lay the baby down in bed with her for a few minutes.. strangely, the baby never cries.. even when heavy handed Miranda starts poking her (getting ready for things to come I think) but the two of them just lay here.. Miranda giggles the whole time about her being there and tries to snuggle her up, the baby just lays there.. melts my heart to see such a small thing as this make them both so happy...

After DH takes the baby, I was putting Miranda to bed and for the first time in MONTHS, I was able to lay down in bed beside her, my belly is hurting less and less as the days since my c-section pass and I am able to do more and more... she was so excited to have me actually laying with her.. made me smile.. I felt truly loved, appreciated and missed...

the best things in life truly are the little things...

if I knew better, I would be journaling these memories for scrapbook pages to come.. good thing this blog has a history of all the things I blog..

:) Monique

1 comment:

cz scrap said...

I plan on copying a lot of my blogs for my scrapbooks-love your stories about your life.Sounds like there are a lot of good things going on now(finally!)>