Monday, August 18, 2008

Checking things off..

I am tired today.. it was a long day, but a good one..
went to the movies, CHECK
eye doctor, CHECK
lunch with friends, CHECK
shopping, CHECK
snuck in shopping for me, bought a shirt in smaller size than usual for me (insert happy dance) CHECK
ice cream for DD and bottle for baby, CHECK
45 minute walk in neighborhood, fun talk with big dd, CHECK
dinner with family, CHECK
baths, CHECK
4 loads of laundry, CHECK
bottles and formula, CHECK

a very cool day, DD needs new glasses, new script, but it's a good thing.. might go glasses shopping on Saturday... I think the walk was a great thing, dd is being such a trooper about it.. I hope to make it a daily thing.. but it does mess up the night time routine, we seriously need to get into the swing of things so that everyone makes it bed on time.. especially with kindergarten starting.. speaking of...

I really am excited for her and watching her get excited is especially fun, but in the same tone, I am so nervous.. this is the first time in my life that I have let my baby go somewhere that I did not already know the ropes, did not know the teachers and did not choose the place for her.. I looked at 8 days cares for her before choosing the one she is currently in.. I interviewed 3 pediatricians too.. I love my daughters and want what is best for them, but I am a nervous mommy with a control issue.. I am worried.. plus, kindergarten means that she is officially NOT my baby anymore.. I think that is bugging me too.. she is growing up.. I am glad, I love her independent spirit and zest for learning.. but she is my baby.. *WAHHHH*
I guess I just want the best of both worlds...

Oh well, that is enough ranting from a nervous mommy for tonight.. I am off to scrapbook something, or maybe just play with photos, I so want to go to bed early tonight.. another busy day tomorrow.. if I knew better, I would already be in bed..

:) Monique

No comments: