Monday, August 25, 2008

a cheap hooker...

Saturday was a good day, we picked up the baby's photos and ran some errands and then went to a pool party.. I took both girls with me -- giving dh a break and I made plans with my younger sister to go to see Momma Mia.. (word of advice.. SKIP it.. the singing was so bad.. seriously, whoever cast these people are tone deaf.. didn't mind looking at Colin Firth OR Pierce Brosman, but my ears still hurt).. anyways, I am giving the little on her bath and my sister is helping the big one hang up some butterfly wall stickers, when she realizes that the fish, miah, is not moving.. having just commented today on the longevity of the fish, I was surprise.. my sister in fact, confirmed the deceased and I called my daughter into the nursery so we could talk about it.. Dh joined the conversation... we were tip toeing around it so carefully, she finally said, "is she dead?" to which we told her, yes. she looked confused and we asked her how she felt about it.. she said she was okay, she wanted new.. fine.. after thinking it over, she says, did the angels take her.. we assured her that they did.. she was okay with this.. relieved, dh and I smiled and finished the pajama duties.. when my sister yells out.. "why does the fish need a cheap hooker?" I all but wet my pants.. the things you think you hear are sometimes better than the real thing..

my sister and I were talking about this on the way home from the movies and other random things we were laughing so very hard.. honestly, I had a better time driving home with my sister than I did in the movie..

if I knew better, i would plan to just go out with her next time.. and skip the movie..
:) monique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I liked the movie,lol. In fact, I have the soundtrack. And it was the #1 best seller a couple of weeks ago, lol.