Monday, January 12, 2009

about to cry..

so last week baby girl went for her checkup.. a very healthy baby at 18 lbs and 27 inches.. um.. hello, she is 6 months old.. dr. is very happy with things.. his comment "she is just big, but proportionate" PHEW! she is a great baby, very happy, smiley and social.. also quite the flirt with men... too funny.. she is a great eater, decent sleeper and until recently loved playing along side me, no matter what I was doing..she loves her high chair and sits and plays with plastic spoons or whatever while I make dinner or do dishes.. she will lay on the floor with toys while dh sits on the couch and reads.. and loves to play and giggle too.. like tummy time,but protests rolling over.. she can do, just won't.. little stinker..

anyways.. my issue is this, she is currently in the bucket style car seat, you mommies out there know what I mean.. the type that you buckle them into and move them from house to car safely.. I personally LOVE this set up.. she doesn't need a coat or blankets.. we have a fleece lined nano bag.. basically it's a big ole sleeping bag with wind breaker outside, warm & cozy, and seat belt buckles are all underneath.. no issues with the baby.. plus, with this, she get BOTH of her hands to play... another reason I love this, is the snow & ice, I don't have to fear dropping her in this aweful new england weather.. I was seriously trying to convince my husband that I could make until march when all I would need is a light jacket and a blanket, and most of snow & ice would be gone.. but tonight, I was informed by some parents at gymnastics class that we are going to be giving it up a whole lot sooner.. I wanted to cry when I realized that they were right.. these car seats are only meant to be a appropraite for a baby up to 20 or at best 22 lbs.. if I am lucky, I will make it to the end of the month.... oh man.. I am so bummed out... it's not about losing the convience that this seat gives me, or the the fact that my baby needs a bigger car seat... oh it's just carrying her in the bad weather makes me SOOO nervous..

sigh.. sadly, I know better in this instance and know that the end is near with the pumpkin seat for baby girl.. I am soo soo sad..

:) Monique

No comments: