Sunday, January 11, 2009

1/11/09 gratitude

gratitude... Something I must start making a daily part of my life..but for now.. I am focusing on taking a few minutes once a week to make my list.. pathetic, but it's something..

1. target, seriously is there a better store on the planet, groceries, diapers, clothes, snacks, toys & scrapbooking stuff, doesn't get any better than that.
2. my scrapbooking supplies.. I have been whining all weekend about the messes I have made trying to organize my junk.. that should be issue number one.. I should be greatful that I have all that I do.
3. my baby girl - she is just a fantastic baby.. great sense of humor and wonder and gums down blueberry puffs with ease, even without teeth.
4. my big girl - she is testing me, and while it makes me crazy, it means that she is growing more and more into an independent person.. she is questioning life, just like I always taught her too.. she is going to do great things in this world. she is destined for it.. now if I could just get her to eat some fruit... I would be a happy girl.
5. snow -- while it is a giant pain in my behind, it does mean that we will have alot less bugs this summer.. which means we can all play outside a little bit more.
6. Kathy - my babysitter, she enables me to do things like clean my house, volunteer in kindergarten and spend some special time with my big girl -- who as of late, is feeling the pinches of jealousy.
7. the Wii - this thing has been great at getting us to be more physically active..
8. my husband for being supportive of my need for time to myself, time for a healthier lifestyle and making me put back the diet coke.. (while it is the nectar of the gods, I am trying to remove it from my life)
9. this blog - let me vent and realize that my life really is a good thing.
10. the chocolates that I bought at target this week.. they were on clearance, seriously, a bag of rich chocolate with mint centers.. ohhh man.. 32 cents.. they are yummy and satisfy the chocolate cravings..

okay.. silly list, but things I am truly grateful for..
if I knew Better I would off to clean the kitchen.. and tonight.. I do..
:) Monique

No comments: