Sunday, September 28, 2008

it has been a while..

Seriously, it's been a while since I blogged.. Honestly, I check here often enough, think about things I want to write about, but if I am down here in front of the computer, I am usually holding the baby and typing one handed - - which, if you have not had the pleasure of doing in a while. is not fun..

a lot has happened..
1. big DD is now 6.. totally an emotional day for me.. I love her more today than the day she was born.. I love the big girl she is becoming and want to keep her my baby girl forever all in the same breathe... can I just have the best of both worlds... Kindergarten is slow going for her.. they are boring her a little, but that is good for her too... her friend birthday party is next weekend.. so I am in the middle of full blown house cleaning..
2. baby DD will be 3 months on tuesday.. she is laughing, giggling, and working on rolling over.. so stinkin' cute ... she is eating 5 ounces at time and is in size 2 diapers.. the gas drops in every bottle work wonders and the reflux meds help.. her 2 month photos are precious, if you want a link to them.. email me personally, DH is the over cautious type.. if I know you, you have probably already been sent a link.. so I don't need to bother you..
3. September 15 I celebrate 13 years of knowing my husband.. having met him online.. it's amazing to me that we have been married 7 1/2 years.. 8 in February.
4. we cleaned up the basement some this weekend.. 3 bags of trash and 4 boxes of empties. I was so excited to see DH getting rid of junk too..
5. to date, I have scrapbooked about 11 pages.. I have to complete 35 before I can order from oritental trading.. OHHH.. I just can not wait..
6. dh job is going well.. I am still struggling with the inconsistancies of him working so far from home.. it's a challenge, and i know that he does not mean to be a jerk.. .but sometimes.. I just have to wonder..
7. my scrapbooking has introduced me to a new group of women IN my local area.. we are planning to get together and scrap once a month.. it was nice to meet with new people and just have a girls night...
8. blogging, while I have been lax about it, I do think about it...
9. I am cooking up so many tasty new recipes.. and planning on even more for the near future.. I plan to make better use of my crock pot too..

A while back I posted that I would comment about 10 things I am grateful for on sundays.. I want to try & do that again.. being sunday, here goes..
I am grateful for:
1. my family -- all healthy and growing well
2. my hobby -- brought me to new people with new ideas
3. my friends -- it's good to know that they think of me and value my talents and still need me
4. my home -- while it seems to be a giant mess, it's mine.. and makes me feel good when I am there..
5. my husband's job -- while it stinks, he makes enough for me to stay home with my daughters and pay for the things we need... it stinks, but I am grateful..
6. my husband -- he really is an amazing person whom I might not always understand, I always love..
7. my sister - for helping me with my daugher's party next weekend
8. winkflash -- for having a great and easy program that allows me to upload and print my photos more often.
9. indian summer - we having it here in Rhode Island.. that one last glimpse at summer before fall sets in.. it's always a nice feeling.
10. a great sale at the children's place -- I managed to get the rest of the clothes and black shoes for my older daugher at a great price.. I so love good sales..

anyways, I am off to play and clean..
if I knew better I would be cleaning up the kitchen.. but I don't.. it's time to play..

:) Monique

1 comment:

Kel said...

Hey Mon,

Just popped in to send you guys some hugs. Sorry we didnt get to call on the weekend but we were thinking of you. xx

Lots of love to F and the girls

K x