Monday, September 8, 2008

a 20 minute job..

It's monday, my cleaning day, I was able to clean both the girls rooms, their laundry is washed & folded, and I even cleaned out big dd drawers of things that she doesn't like or don't fit.. this week, we will attack the closet.. well, when she came home from Kindergarten, we had lunch and she painted a project, those sun catcher things.. so excited she was.. while she painted, the baby had a bottle, when she was done, I put her in the swing for a nap... and offered to let the big one finally help me clean the bathroom.. she gets so disappointed when she sees it is already done, she likes to help me wash the walls, (basically, just a water spray bottle and paper towel) but it's a little bit more being done in the room and she gets paid 50 cents for helping and we hang out..
this job usually takes 20 minutes, I zoom through and just get it all done.. nothing serious either, it's a small bathroom so it never takes that long, plus, I do it weekly, so it's really just maintenance..

it took 45 minutes today.. I was so wishing she wasn't helping me, I had puddles, a broken candle holder and other things.. but the baby was sleeping and we did something together.. she was THRILLED ... so I guess it was all worth it.. Inventing chores for her to do independently is HARD -- but we will just keep trying.. -- so chalk one up for good mommy points and cross cleaning the bathroom off the weekly list.. 2 good deeds done..

If I knew better, I would be cleaning off the kitchen table, but I think they might actually BOTH be sleeping in the living room now, so I might just join them.. :)

Happy Monday too!
:) Monique

2 days until I get to scrapbook with my friends...both in the am & at night.. *COLOR ME HAPPY*

No comments: