Sunday, March 16, 2008

Um.. just a while...

Okay.. so I am offically a BAD blogger..
it's not all my fault, having been out of the country for 3 weeks squishes plans of staying on top of things.. YES, I would have posted from Sydney, but I was busy...

Home has never felt like a better place in all my life.. I appreciate the little things more..
1. my bed.. I love my bed..
2. my washing machine & dryer.. -- I have a king size set of machines, tons of laundry, short time, no air drying here.
3. my computer -- just knows all about me and everything I need to know and look at is just a click away.
4. my scrapbook stuff is here, I love my collection (notice I say collection and not supplies -- one would have to be using them for scrapbooking pages in order to call them supplies)... my papers make me happy to fondle them, ribbons all neatly tucked into boxes, bows, brads, embellishments, stickers.. they really do make me giddy.. happy thing the scrapbook collection.
5. my house.. while it may seem small at times, it ours.. Fuzzy's, Miranda's & Mine. I love that when I am here, it's ours -- all ours.. we can find a space to sit quiet and be alone, or sit at the table and eat dinner.

I like home... there really is something wonderful and spectacular about it... I guess it takes a vacation to make your realize just how much you might be taking for granted... My vacation was nice, please don't get me wrong,but home... AHHH.. it's just HOME.

Australia really was nice. DH got to really bond and connect with his brother in a way he never has before.. really nice to see. Boo got to bond more with her grandparents and enjoy being with them. really wonderful for her & them since they are her only living grandparents now. The country was pretty and if I wasn't pregnant and tired so quickly, I could have made it out to see more.. But honestly, Australia is not a country for little kids. there are no major theme parks and seeing building and structures is fun, but not the fun for a 5 year old when miles of walking is involved. She did see Koala Park and the aquarium, so I am glad about that. but to say that we did much, we didn't. This trip was more about being with family and just enjoying company.. sometimes vacation like that are good. --- on a good note, the day before we left for Sydney, we spent a night in Los Angeles and my sister was there, for business. We took Miranda to Knotts Berry Farm -- aka Snoopy Park. they have a great Snoopy Camp and lots of great rides for little kids and Snoopy fans, if you are ever in the area.. GO! this place ROCKS. there is also the cutest little old man named Basil, who does pastel drawings.. OH MY GOSH! the one he did of Boo was AMAZING!! my in-laws loved it.


On the baby front, Tuesday I will officially be 6 months. sorta exciting how fast things are going. having big things planned and projects going on has been good for keeping me busy. I am still about 25 lbs down on my weight. Eating is getting easier, still lots of nausea, but definitely improving. I also managed to catch a stomach virus on my way home from vacation.. it's left me with a hard time eating and drinking tons and tons of vitamin water -- so I don't dehydrate. Fun eh? I do see my Dr. tomorrow.. I think it's almost time for another ultrasound -- which I hope is soon -- a sex on this kid would be nice. I seem to be carrying higher than I did for Miranda, so it could be boy.. who knows. I also get the glucose test soon (YUCK) and some other routine stuff.. Also might be going to the every 3 weeks for appointments now too.. which is cool.. Still love hearing the heartbeat. Fuzzy has to work so he isn't sure if he is coming tomorrow or not.. would be nice, but work is important too.. his is our only income.

what else.. I am making cards like a crazy woman... I signed up for a bunch of swaps on Close to My Heart swap board right before vacation and I have another one on Dmarie.. I must be OUT of my MIND! I have to stop.. I am just hoping to have enough cards, particularly birthday cards to last me a good long while. 15 done, 25 to go.

I hope to get my act together and start working on my scrapbook of the trip. Would be nice to have the album finished -- good memories for Miranda... we'll see. I have a few baby books to make too for friend's and baby showers.

Okay.. I have some table cleaning up to do and it's getting later and this post is getting LONGER..I really will try to post more...
:) Monique

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heh, heh! I feel like I have a scrapbook collection as well! I never seem to get around to scrapbooking...I just collect the stuff!!