Sunday, October 28, 2007

productive sunday

WOO HOO.. I am getting such a jump start on my Monday housework, I will be able to zip through all of my errands and remaining house work AND make some time to scrapbook -- guilt free!
Oh, I love it when that happens..

long list of what needs to be done, bank, post office, tailor, grocery store, etc, but should be done by noon.. Ah the bliss..

Today was one of those boring days here, I slept in, Miranda had corn chips for breakfast (please don't get me started) and then we cleaned up the kitchen, and she made up her little treat bags for all her preschool buddies for Halloween. I stamped most of it with the Close to My Heart Stamps (which I sell) and she signed her name on each of them, and filled them, with m& m's, bubbles, a gum pop, and spider rings.. she took so much care in picking out each ring and getting the little bags filled up -- just right.. I am really proud of her.. she stuffed all 19 of them, I did one up for her, just so when her teachers pass them out, she won't feel left out.. Doing them this early really made it fun for her and for me. AND she was able to practice writing her name without it being a chore for her. She was doing it for something fun.. and didn't fight me at all.. 2 birds one stone.. and to quote Miranda from earlier today "Mommy, your a genius"

If I only knew better, I would have always done projects with her this far ahead of time. I have learned my lesson and next weekend, we are starting Christmas cards or projects. either way, I will have fun this holiday season and NOT be stressed by making her do everything last minute.. Heck, I might even start my cards early.. -- but I really need the stamp of the month .. loving those snowmen.

:) Monique

No comments: