Monday, October 22, 2007

mondays

Honestly, I think Mondays are the greatest day in the week. There are lots of reasons, it's a new week, a chance to start over from scratch. Perhaps my favorite reason is that that my house usually gets really cleaned. I love that for at least one day, my floors are clean, the floors are vacc and as long as no one takes off their clothes, then the laundry is washed and put away. The dishes are all clean and the counters and the kitchen table are clear.
AHHH.. the bliss.. for a little while anyways.
Then I pick up Miranda from preschool, toys, everywhere (but she is trying to keep things neater)and then dinner, which always mean dishes and pans (which don't go in the dishwasher) and then everyone takes off their clothes and puts on pajamas.
Oh well, for at least a few hours, things were done. Monday gives me that glory, that freedom of knowing it is all done.
Today was one of those days. Got it all done and then some. I managed to clean out most of my car, get to the grocery store and scrapbook two pages for my mother in law.

Mondays are a great thing...especially when they end with Miranda volunteering to pick up and put away her toys and a game of Guess Who and Memory, where I won, (finally, seriously, Miranda kicks my butt all the time)

If I only knew better, I would have embraced the joys and pleasures of Mondays a long time ago and not spent so much time being negative and dreading them.

:) Monique

No comments: