Tuesday, October 23, 2007

growing up

Have I told EVERYONE this already, I am not sure.. so here it is.. Miranda is 5. I can't believe it.. she is supposed to be my baby and she is already a month into it. She wore a simple t-shirt and jeans todays and her hair pulled back (like she always does for school) and she looked so.. grown up. "Stop Growing" I told her, smiled and gave her a little bit of a hug. Fuzzy told me to stop saying that, because she is getting all freaky about growing.. So I reassured her that it was okay to keep growing and that even just as I was talking to her, somewhere in her body, she was growing.
She smiled and went to brush her teeth.

WHERE DID THE TIME GO?
she is 5, she is going to pre-k (September baby, can't start on time), taking ballet class, riding her scooter, playing with other kids on the playground and starting to read. Where is my little girl who walked around saying "all gone" and cracking me up with her frankenstein walking.. Oh it just goes too fast sometimes...

so, while I can't tell her anymore, I will tell the world.. I want my baby back, I want to scoop her up in my arms and protect her, I want her to need me for EVERYTHING and that's it.

If I only knew better, I would remember how hard it was to get anything done and how I often prayed for her to grow up enough to do something on her own... I don't know better and I want my baby back...

:) Monique

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Hey. I found you because we both have "weebles" on our blog.

I know how you feel. My daughter is 6 and in KG, and my son is 4, in preschool. Can't believe they both go off every morning -- how did the time fly?

Can I just say one more thing (that we may not agree on)...?

Go Rockies!