Monday, June 1, 2009

monday, monday...

no secret that I like mondays.. they really make me feel like a new start is truly possible..
I especially like it when they fall on the start of a new month.. which is today, june 1 and a monday.. got so much more done today than I had expected too.. but it is still never enough.. big pile of junk always awaits..

the best thing to happen is that I finally have a kitchen/living room floor.. I live in a raised ranch. this space is massive and is a large bulk of the living space we live in. and since the water spill accident (still not ready to laugh -- details to follow on this) happened on april 1, and they pulled out the floors in the second week of april, and the baby started crawling and walking just about the same time. it's been fun.. oh.. so much fun.. either way.. I have a pretty new hardwood laminate floor. it's pretty too.. darker than the other floor, but really pretty and we are working to declutter the space.. the first thing to go.. the TV.. yes folks, beleive it or not, the tv in this space is GONE! it's a shock and is a massive adjustment.. but you know what.. we, as a family are spending more time with one another and less time with the tv on.. tongiht, I laidon my couch and read 2 chapters to my daughter in her Junie B. Jones book series while the baby unearthed 2 boxes of toys and a bucket of magnets.. we laughed, relaxed and just listened to music (i have my ipod set with with the dock station and speakers) and you know what.. it's amazing.. no hannah montana, no icarly, no spongebob... seriously, so nice..
another benefit to this, my oldest is watching much less tv. today, she chose to NOT watch tv or play on the computer and instead came upstairs and her & I colored while the baby took her afternoon cat nap.. so what that dinner making was delayed, I made some great time with my kids... totally worth it.

the basement is being worked on later this month.. working on packing it up a little each day.. cleaning and purging as I go.. it's going to be a very long and very tedious process, but one I am sure will thrill me to the bone when it is all done..

Since I did not get to this yesterday..
I am grateful for..
1. my family...
2. the baby is finally starting to feel better.. life with her was rough for a while there..
3. the new car -- still getting used to being a mini-van mama, but everyone else likes it.. so it works for me..
4. summer plans are slowly falling into place
5. I might actually have an illustrator for my children's book.
6. my ipod, who knew that such a tiny little tool could make me so very very happy
7. my husband.. he works so hard for us..
8. I get to be a stay home mom... I know how rare a blessing this is..
9. Farkle -- this game is very cool -- quick too, so I dont' waste a ton of time on facebook
10. my new creating keepsakes came in today..when I am done with some of the things I have to do.. I can snuggle up in my bed and get inspired...

if I knew better.. I would be doing the dishes.. but this pile of junk on the floor is so calling my name..
:) Monique

No comments: