Tuesday, June 2, 2009

junie b.

if you have a child, particularly a girl around kindergarten or first grade -- like me, you should totally read the Junie B. Jones book series by Barbara Park. These books are great.. Junie B. is very sassy and very sweet. okay, maybe more of the sassy, but a totally enjoyable read..

my big one is 6 and we have read all but one of the first set of books.. we are reading it this week.. it will be done soon.. if we ever get to bed on time, she might be able to squeeze in 2 chapters instead of one, but the bedtime routine has gotten a little bit pokey here in this house..

none the less.. today, she played hooky from school and I dropped the baby off to the sitters and we went to see the play..Junie B. Jones - Personal Beeswax.. it's about the journal that Junie B. keeps.. it was cute musical.. she enjoyed it.. but I think that the show we saw a few months back with a friend and her same aged daughter was better.. it was a smaller local theater company.. theater in the round sorta thing.. much better than this, but thsi wasn't bad either.. the other was just better.. my dd really enjoyed the day, just us.. after the show we went and did some shopping and went to lunch.. just us. it's great to spend days like that together.. just us..
I was able to explain that we have these days "just for us" every now and then.. because I know how hard she is working to be patient with her baby sister.. she has to give up time with my or her dad so that we can take care of the baby.. and for once.. she got.. the lightbulb went off and she understood it. made me happy.. spending a day with just her was wonderful for us and our relationship. Things I hope to be able to continue to do.

so, for today.. I did something right.. makes me happy to think that..

if I knew better.. I would blow off all the work I SHOULD be doing and go to bed..
I will make lunches and bottles, but that is it.. going to bed...

night all..
:) Monique

No comments: