Friday, November 21, 2008

guilt and choices

guilt is one of those truly powerful emotions.. I inherited my gift from my mom.. she had a good knack at feeling guilty over things she did not need to...
my nephew had me feeling guilty this week.. I offered him my help on the weekend for a school project.. he CHOSE not to accept it then and to go off and party.. then saught my help during the week when I couldn't do it.. I felt sooo guilty.. it was eating at me.. but after talking with some great friends. I realized it wasn't my fault or my responability to get it done.. I made myself available and he CHOSE not accept it..
so.. while I know that I made the right choices not go out of my way to help him this time, I still feel guilty for not helping him..
right now... I am working towards just getting over it.. why is guilt so darned powerful??

if I knew better I could let this go.. but I am worried about him finishing school...
*sigh*
Monique

1 comment:

AlehouseGirl said...

You were right, but you know that. To quote a band you may remember, "Let it be..." What is going to happen will happen. It's both liberating and terrifying all at the same time, I know. You're a great example, a great friend, a great aunt, a great mom, a great wife. Just being you is enough, honest.