Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's a....

Baby.. that is all that we found out in today's level 2 ultrasound..
The baby was giving us nothing but..Butt.. little stinker..

seriously, the baby is growing strong and healthy, good spine development, head, neck and internal organs.. all good from what they could see.. because of this, we are not going forward with the amniocentesis.. just too risky for my liking.. we are not really in the risk pool, but it was totally worth checking into..

I am seriously hoping that we get another peek at the baby soon.. my dr. is really good about such things.. there are other options too..

Something interesting is the due date, both ultrasounds put the baby due on July8, but my dr. calculates a due date of June 24. Mind you, I didn't expect to get pregnant on my own, so while I was paying attention, I didn't study the calendar each month. We'll see what the Dr. says next week..

Either way, I am offically, 30 days and counting until we go on vacation. Sydney, here we come. We have tickets (or will be finalizing them tonight) and today I booked our hotel for one night going out and one night going back.. Really nice hotel.
Here.. Take a peek..

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/LAXESES-Embassy-Suites-Los-Angeles-International-Airport-South-California/index.do


hopefully that will take you to it, if not, it's the Embassy suites at LAX.. very sweet lady named Nan helped me on the phone today... Oh, and on the way home, Miranda is going to get a build a bear package in our suite.. should be fun for her, sorta like a little treat before the vacation of her spoiling is done..

I still have alot to do for the trip, especially get her dresses altered.. oh and find some for me.. still looking because I don't know how much I might pop... but safe to say I have find something and soon.. I have done quite a bit, started making lists, buying stuff, we have suit cases, which was the big worry.. GOTTA LOVE TARGET...

Today I started cleaning up my scrap room / space.. so nice to see things going into the trash, or being put into sorting boxes or being into a donation box.. just a nice thing.. good sense of accomplishment.. and I am being realistic about my purge box.. I know what I will and won't use and am just going to pass things along... it's time... plus, if I get my way, I will be shopping tons at the CK convention in May.. DH owes me BIG TIME..

enough for tonight, I might put on the tv and do some more cleaning.. totally hitting the nesting phase and the not so tired I can' t move phase.. the nausea phase can end at any time.. :)
but as long as I eat between 10 and 4:30 - 5:00pm, the world is an okay place, for me and the baby..

If I knew better, I would be packing up a bag for the tomorrow, so that I have enough to do while I hang out with my uncle, but umm..
:) Monique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that little baby is being difficult :) Hopefully you will know soon enough. As long as you are both healthy all is well with the world. If the baby decides to be born on June 24th, he or she will be sharing that day with my
19th wedding anniversary, YIKES :)You must be very excited about your trip, how fun. Enjoy every precious moment.
Get some rest and keep us posted.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Fatima